Parsley noodles

by - 11:04 AM

Homemade noodles. First time I've made noodles or probably anything such a neon green color! I was inspired to make noodles form the recipe in Taste of Home.
I looked at their recipe and a bunch of others and then ignored them all and made up some blend of them with  variations.

I don't have basil yet. So I started with a generous cup of fresh parsley.

I didn't see any garlic in any of the recipes but garlic goes with basil so I chopped two cloves. Shh, I know I used parsley.

Into the blender I poured the water,

parsley, minced garlic and 3 eggs.

 Blended it up so it's this crazy neon green color. Look at that stuff!

Next I spread 2 cups semolina flour and 1 cup organic white flour and poured the green slime into the center. 

I poured the olive oil in at this point because I forgot to add it when I was blending.

carefully, carefully I stirred it and no green slime ran onto the floor. Yes! I have one less bowl to wash!

stir until

you need to kneed it. And kneed away.

 Until smooth and elastic or something like that. It wasn't all that elastic. 

So I wrapped it up and gave it some time to it's self. 

 30 minutes later I came after it with the rolling pin.

 Roll it out real real thin. Some of the parsley stems were a little chunky

that little hole there is where I picked out the stem because the rolling pin was going bump over it.

 I tried folding some up and cutting thin noodles.

I now think I worked a little too much flour into these.

  Next I rolled out some for lasagna noodles. 

Cleared the clothes off the rack and hung the noodles out to dry.

 Cutting them shorter and drying them flat might've been a better idea. Still it made good lasagna, so good I forgot to take any pictures. Or dry and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a month.

Parsley and Garlic noodles
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of parsley chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups semolina
  • 1 cup org white flour
  •  2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions
 Blend parsley, water, garlic, olive oil, and eggs
Place flour on work surface, making a dent in the center then pour the blended mixture in the center. Gradually start incorporating the mixture into the flour.

Keep stirring and pulling in more flour until a solid dough forms. The dough will be sticky.
Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. With well-floured hands, knead dough, incorporating more flour as necessary, until it is smooth and no longer sticky.

Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.

Divide dough in two and work with half the dough at a time. On a well-floured surface roll out dough to desired thickness (anywhere from 1/4 inch to paper thin). Be sure to rotate or otherwise move the dough between each pass of the rolling pin to keep dough from sticking. Sprinkle with flour as necessary to keep from sticking.

Use a sharp knife or pizza cutting wheel to cut noodles.

Lay noodles on a cooling or hang on a drying rack.  Allow to air dry before cooking.

Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a month.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting