Strawberry custard tart

by - 10:42 AM

Strawberry custard Tart

This is my favorite strawberry recipe!




 if you follow the recipe you only need to put 1/4 cup of sugar in but if you are not paying attention like me throw in a half cup! What was I thinking?

I like the measurements on the butter wrapper.

A pinch of baking soda

cut butter into flour sugar and baking soda. 

Stop when it's the size of small peas and pour into the pan.

 While the pie shell is baking mix sour cream

 The egg yolk

vanilla 

and mix it together. I didn't have any lemon zest so I didn't use any.

I used some sugar and some maple syrup because I like maple syrup. 

 I like the swirly pattern it makes when I mix it in. Actually i just like maple syrup.

Pour it into the shell and bake 10 more minutes. 

 Let it cool. or refrigerate overnight.

 The glaze, use some jam, any jam or jelly. i used strawberry jam.

 add a little water or some juice from sliced strawberries waiting for another project.

Cut the tops off the berries flat so they'll stand up.

 Arrange them on the top of the custard

and spoon the glaze over the berries.

 So they shine and look beautiful.

 Now excuse me,

I'm going to eat some strawberry tart



 It was that good!
 I think I just died and went straight to strawberry heaven.
Fresh Strawberry Custard Tart
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup butter, cut into tablespoon-size slices
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 quart large ripe whole strawberries, hulled strawberries (if necessary to wash them, do so very quickly, and drain on rack)
  • Pinch of freshly-grated lemon zest (rind)
  • Fruit Glaze (see recipe below)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and baking powder. Add butter by tablespoons and cut in with pastry cutter until butter is incorporated and mixture is reduced to small crumbs (butter pieces the size of small peas is fine).
Pour crumb mixture into a 9-inch pan. Press crumbs gently over the bottom and half-way up sides of pan, approximately 1/8-inch thick. Do not pack mixture down too firmly. Bake for 10 minutes.
While crust is baking, combine egg yolks, sour cream, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
Remove baked crust from oven and immediately pour sour cream mixture into the hot crust. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and then refrigerator until serving time.
When ready to serve, arrange whole strawberries on top of the custard. Lightly brush the strawberries with the Fruit Glaze.

Fruit Glaze:
  • 2 tablespoons apricot jam or red currant jelly (or use jam or jelly of your choice)
  • 2 tablespoons water
In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the jelly and water until syrupy. remove from heat and let cool.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. oh this looks just perfect and luscious. I would love a piece now!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting