Two-bite Kale Basil Frittatas

by - 4:40 PM

2 bite kale basil frittata-12146

 

Two bite Kale Basil Frittatas are perfect appetizers or general munching.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12115

 

I started out following a recipe but strayed so far I think this is completely my own recipe now. And I can’t remember where I saw the inspirational recipe so don’t ask.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12116

 

In a bowl, add ricotta, chopped kale, chopped mushrooms, eggs,

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12119

 

salt and pepper,

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12121

 

and what was left of the parmesan cheese. Next time I think I’ll put less parmesan and some other kinds of cheese too.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12128

 

If you remember you have lots of basil in the garden, go get some and add a couple fistsfull too.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12137

 

In greased mini muffin tins place a slice of pepperoni or salami on the bottom of each one. This really helps them come out of the pan later. I did not invent this idea, I completely borrowed it.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12140

 

Spoon the filling in to about 3/4 full.

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12141

 

Bake at 375 for, uh, I have no idea. Let me think about this for a minute. Well if they’re getting brown around the edges you should take them out and if you stick something in them and it comes out sticky you should leave them in a bit more.

How ‘bout we say bake for 25 minutes one way or the other?

 

2 bite kale basil frittata-12149

 

Let cool a little and serve.

 

Two-bite Kale Basil Frittatas

ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup parmesan or mix of other cheese
  • 1 cup ricotta drained
  • 1/2 cup cooked chopped kale
  • 1 cup fresh basil chopped
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms cooked and chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • pepperoni, 1 slice for each muffin

Mix all but the pepperoni together. In greased mini muffin pans place one slice of pepperoni on the bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon in filling to about 3/4 full. Bake at 375 for 25minutes or until lightly brown.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting