Carrot salad

by - 2:31 PM

carrot salad gluten free-0060

 

This salad has been my favorite way to eat carrots lately.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0041

 

This is a 5 ingredients or less recipe. Yup, that all you need.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0043

 

I peeled a few fresh carrots.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0044

 

 

carrot salad gluten free-0047

 

Grated them.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0049

 

I stopped when the grater was pretty full.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0050

 

Then it wouldn’t all fit in the blue bowl that I wanted to use.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0052

 

But I persisted anyway, I don’t like being told no.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0053

 

Added in some dried cranberries,

 

carrot salad gluten free-0054

 

and a handful of raisins.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0057

 

 

carrot salad gluten free-0059 

And a spoon or two of mayonnaise…

 

carrot salad gluten free-0062

 

And that’s when I admitted that I needed a bigger bowl.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0066

 

So while no one was looking I grabbed the remaining carrots and tossed them in too.

 carrot salad gluten free-0068

 

Mix together and that’s it. Done.

 

carrot salad gluten free-0071

 

I like to make it a few hours ahead the flavors come out and blend nicely, but a whole day ahead because the raisins get all soggy.

 

Carrot salad

ingredients

  • 8-10 carrots washed and peeled
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

 

Grate carrots. In a bowl large enough for mixing add grated carrots, cranberries, raisins and mayonnaise. Mix together and serve or make ahead and refrigerate. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting