Bob’s gluten free bread

by - 8:43 AM

bob's bread gluten free-11410

If I hadn’t made it, I wouldn’t know it was gluten free.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11360

 

I started by dumping the mix into a bowl

 

bob's bread gluten free-11362

 

and removing the yeast.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11363

 

Then put milk on to warm.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11365

 

And butter on to melt.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11366

 

 

bob's bread gluten free-11368

 

Then went to separating eggs. It was 4 eggs for me to get 3/4 of a cup of whites.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11370

 

Into the warm milk I dumped the yeast.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11375

 

Mixed it in and waited for it to get foamy. It didn’t.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11376

 

So I got nervous and mixed up some more yeast. That wouldn’t foam either. So I gave up and proceeded as if it had foamed. Yeast and I have issues.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11377

 

Into the yeasty milk I dumped the egg and egg whites

 

bob's bread gluten free-11379

 

and melted butter.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11381

 

bob's bread gluten free-11386

 

And vinegar.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11384

 

Mixed it all together.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11390

 

Poured the mixture into the flour mix.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11398

 

Like all gluten free recipes made with xanthan gum, it was sticky and globbed together.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11399

 

I stopped to butter the pan because I forgot to do it in advance.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11401

 

I tried to pour it into the pan but it wouldn’t pour, I had to prod it out with a spatula.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11402

 

The wet spatula for flattening the top is definitely the way to go. I tried butter first but it still stuck.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11403

 

About an hour later it had risen quite a bit So I put it in the oven.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11408

 

A few minutes later I checked back and it was certainly rising.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11409

 

Then I checked again and it was still rising! I guess I didn’t need to add the extra yeast.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11411

 

Well it looks good.

 

bob's bread gluten free-11532

 

Tastes good too. I think I’ll make it again.

 

made from Bob’s gluten free bread mix

ingredients

    •     1-2/3 cups warm (110°F) Milk   

    • 1 pkg Yeast (enclosed - 2-1/4 tsp)  

    • 1 whole Egg + enough Egg Whites to equal 3/4 cup

    • 1/4 cup melted Butter or Vegetable Oil   

    • 1 tsp Cider Vinegar

    • 1-16 oz pkgs GF Homemade Wonderful Bread mix (3-1/4 cups)

      Directions

      Place contents of package in large bowl. Remove enclosed yeast packet and add yeast to warm milk in separate bowl. Let foam for 5 minutes. ADD eggs, melted butter or oil, vinegar, and yeast-milk mixture to bread mix. MIX with regular beaters (not dough hook) at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula as necessary.

      Place dough in greased 9"x5" nonstick bread pan. Smooth top of dough with wet spatula. COVER with plastic wrap and let rise in warm (75°-80°F) place until dough is level with top of pan (approximately 25-35 minutes). Remove cover. BAKE at 375°F for 60-65 minutes (do not under bake). Cover with foil after 10 minutes to prevent over-browning. To test for doneness, tap loaf with fingernail. A crisp, hard sound indicates a properly baked loaf. Turn loaf out on to wire rack and cool thoroughly before slicing.

      You May Also Like

      0 comments

      Find me on

      Facebook Taste spotting