The new king of the shed

by - 8:38 PM

Kawi-5475

 

 

Kawi-18779

 

This is Harry, he used to look more like this.  He adopted us a few years ago. He was sorta friendly but sorta standoff-ish. He didn't really like to come in the house. He didn’t sit on laps and didn’t let people thump his belly and say “Kitty Witty” nope, he preferred to sleep under the sunflowers at the edge of the garden. But all in all he had a pretty good gig, he was king of the shed.

 

But that changed one cold january day.

 

A young male looking for friends showed up and everything changed!

 

Kawi-18792

 

Meet Kawi.  The friendly young guy who came to challenge Harry.

 

Kawi-18776

 

He climbs legs for an extra pat on the head you might’ve forgotten to give.

 

Kawi-18780

 

Harry had his honor and shed to defend. He was not impressed with a cat who kisses up to humans.

There were subsequent stand offs.

And numerous all out tumbling, fur flying, biting, scratching, gravel flinging cat fights over the issue.

 

Kawi-18795

 

Kawi likes to come in and say hello.  Kawi is a jolly good fellow, he’ll even stand on his back legs for a French fry. He even begged for dog biscuits with the dog.

 

Kawi-5526

 

Harry now is a one up ear and one down ear cat. He no longer challenges Kawi to a fight.

 

Kawi-5528

 

Instead he closes his eyes and mumbles a few lines from that Bobby Bare song

  You gotta speak loud when you challenge me son cause it's hard for me to hear
With this twisted neck and these migraine pains and this big ole cauliflower ear
And if it wasn't for this glass eye of mine why I'd she'd a happy tear
To think of all that you gonna get by bein' a winner
I got arthritic elbows boy I got dislocated knees
From pickin' fights with thunderstorms and chargin' into trees
And my nose been broke so often I might lose if I sneeze
And son you say you still wanna be a winner
Now you remind me a lotta my younger days with your knuckles a clenchin' white
But boy I'm gonna sit right here and sip this beer all night
And if there's somethin' that you gotta gain to prove by winnin' some silly fight
Well okay I quit I lose you're the winner

 

Kawi-5532

 

Kawi seems a little disappointed.

 

Kawi-5533

 

But there’s always next time, maybe tomorrow.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting